Out of ideas? Stuck in a plot hole? Or lost your desire to finish a story?
A good remedy and inspiration for this is to watch people, events, and your surroundings in general. Take a notebook with you everywhere you go.
Here are ideas of some things to keep track of in your notebook:
- random lines of dialogue
- a color or shape of something
- hairstyle for a character
- clothing or accessory for a character
- sound or music that you hear
- a description of an event or scene
- anything that pops into you head, whether it’s related to what you’re physically seeing at that moment or not
Have fun with this, and take in the world around you. It’s the small, authentic details that make a good book.